So I turned 28, and it was first time in seven years, I spent my birthday anywhere else than the mountains. Generally, this is the trekking season, and I would be busy climbing up and down, managing treks and expeditions. However, this year it is all different.
Difference did come with it's pro's and con's.
I missed being totally aloof in the mountains like previous birthdays, away from the sudden spike in attention. I am not good in handling such. I never put my exact "birth date" to any importance, since I had no choice upon it. More often I have spent my birthday celebration on other dates. Seems like, people around you generally believe you, when you say " HEY It's My Birthday , let's Party !!! ". And most times, you will have people, even strangers joining in , celebrating with you, bringing lip smacking cakes! No one turns you down on your birthday after all.
However, this birthday , I am spending with dear close friends, due to the lockdown in a city. I guess our birthdays are special for the people that truly LOVE us, and cares about our existence.
On this birthday, I do not feel any younger than my age ( i,e 28) and am really glad getting older. I feel matured, and caring less about all the trivial issues that generally, surround life. Trivial causes for worries have taken a back seat , and priorities have sorted in a stranger way. Looking back , I thought of making a list of 28 things , that I learnt in this crazy yet amazing journey of life.
I am sharing this not just to advice , but to see if you connect with this lessons, or have realized the same. If so , you must join me for a good chat & connect over !
1. You can make Home, wherever you want. And you might take your time before deciding where to call it HOME.
2. Having the pleasure of Reading Paperback books, have no substitute, be it Netflix or having Kindle. So read as much as you can, AND WHENEVER you can.
3. Cook new recipes whenever you can. Food can do wonders, specially if you can cook it yourself.
4. Go minimalist. Trust me no one remembers your best branded jeans , shoes or the expensive mobile that you Own. It will save your MONEY, TIME & ENERGY.
5. Money is not the most important thing, but it is an essential, to Have "the freedom of choice", and help the people you love.
6. An hour of exercise is very essential, if you want to keep being awesome and be great in making love!
7. Smile as much as you can, it helps you having sexy wrinkles that will make you attractive as a mature person to younger people.
8. MAKE MISTAKES. God sent you for a reason, please be entertaining!
9. You cannot love everyone , but you can always be KIND. Treat with empathy to every other creature.
10. There is no good or bad person in the world. There are just situation and how people deal with it, and in which situation, you get to see them in, that determines your judgement.
11. Climb mountains , instead of carrying them on your shoulders. It is easier than you think.
12. There is nothing called , " ONE TRUE LOVE " . It is just a stupid cinematic sale. However, there is a LOVE, you can build a world upon, always. Keep exploring.
13. You can choose your family beyond blood relation. If your relatives or anyone in your family is toxic, there is no reason you should not keep them away from your life.
14. Your Name, Caste, Race , Religion and even Nation is not something you had a control of choosing. So be wise in justifying your pride for it.
15. Have quality sex with people you connect with, at amazing destinations, rather than just getting laid anywhere.
16. Swimming in rivers and oceans , can liberate your souls. So go for it more often rather than just planning.
17. You are never too old to play a sport you love.
18. KARMA IS REAL and will audit your every transactions of life. You will be held accountable.
19. STAR GAZE. It changes your ego and useless pride. Also belittles every insignificant worries you are anxious about.
20. Watering dead plants never help AND you can't fix yourself , where you got hurt the first place. SO MOVE OUT. RUN AWAY. ESCAPISM is a not always bad.
21. Your peace & mental health is more important than your JOB, RELATIONSHIP & everything that does not help it be happier.
22. Call your friends. Do not loose out on them. Make a priority to spend time with them always.
23. Avoid Media. Stop watching / reading news or media. Most of it is propaganda, and you are just a puppet. If it is very important, you will come to know of it anyways.
24. Help people to become successful, they will be the pillars of your success too.
25. TRAVEL. TRAVEL. TRAVEL. Nothing will make you as wise as that!
26. Life is more than success and failures. It is not about winning the game or loosing it, It is about how you PLAYED!
27. SUPPORT the things you love, PREACH only what you practice. Criticize less the things you do not love. The ones who criticize the most, are generally the ones who are not very good at anything.
28. I have fallen in crevices in Himalayan glaciers, been robbed in South east Asia, Almost died in falling off a cliff while going for night fishing. Do not take any moment in life for granted, you never know, you might die tomorrow. So LIVE FULLY !!!!
Note from the Author
" Travel made me rich and free. Magic and miracles are true , once you wander on the roads to places different and divine. Sharing with you all, those memories and stories , and wishing you all , that someday you guys travel far and wide too. I am not a great writer , so ignore my grammar and spellings, read it with feelings, and you might just be affected with the wanderlust to hit the road"