First of all accept my gratitude for comming to my life or rather for providing the chance to be among you, to belong to you. You came to me like Gold comes to a beggar. I still remember the day I got the first hint that I will be with you. Recovering from juandice, then denied by doctor not to climb any mountains as hard as usual for me, I was devastated how or what this year would be like. When I got the chance to manage a hostel in your laps, I was confused as anyother. For like the rest of world, I had only heard your name and known your infamous stories for the addiction and hippies lifestyle you are renowned for. But like always my heart and soul made the choice to drink the wanderlust and to live in the mountains. A new place, my heartbeat was more faster than my thoughts. And by the end of spring I arrived...
The first day, the first week and first month was all but things I had never seen or experienced. I did not judge or think, I just let it soak on. Not that I did not feel out of place when all around I found people smoking and fond of the most weirdest drugs or addictions, I could have imagined. I was like a mammal among reptiles, someone questioning if I belonged here or not. I missed climbing high snow clad peaks, adventure and being on edge like previous year, it added to the fuel of my unrest in me of being here. So much so, when the whole of kasol partied in front of my eyes, I looked upon the far, the peaks glittering white touching the sky. As if it shouted I belong there, not where I am sitting among hippies smoking and dancing, making merry. Seldom I felt like Lucifer the fallen angel, exiled to rule the hell, when he belonged to heaven...
But without my attention, I was also dipping in the enigma of the valley. Before late, I started calling you my home. A beautiful wooden house, my residence, art work from different minds adoring my walls, diverse people from around the world came to my house making it a gem. Finally got to pet a dog and found new love in nature as well as humans. Did bonfire parties in the darkest hours of night, danced like it was my last and sang like no one had a sweeter voice. I was free, that freedom which all wants but few achieves.
I soaked in more as months passed, no more the high speed psycadalic music felt a disturbance, no more the tripping hippies felt unknown, I could understand them and they could understand me even though I did not got high in their terms. Though climbing was still the only thing that made me high still we were friends now. Finally I accepted parvati as it was.
I met wonderful people, who showered love, respect, care and warmth more than actually I found at place I was born or changed into man. The mule owners, my housekeeping, my neighbourhood guest house owner or guests from across the oceans everyone smiled truly and taught me to smile true again. I guess parvati makes all such. You do not care what the whole world is or will be, you are just what you are at that moment, the present. You do not think about future neither the past bothers you. Whats gone shall be gone, what is to come is welcome and that is to live and that way you actually prosper the gift of life. Thats what parvati teaches you...
Every grain of soil, every specks of rocks and boulders, every leaf of every plant, every molecule of the flowing water in the brooks and rivers teaches you are nothing but everything is from you. In the vast universe, our thoughts or our being does not matter but yet the universe matters in us. Living free, without a stress, thats what we were actually purposed to be.
So now when I finally leave the valley after seven months, I am not sad. I won't miss it much for I know this valley belongs to me and I belong to it. For I shall return that is destined. From the craziest rave parties, to experiencing chemicals, from knowing the world from the weirdest and bizzare point of views to living like there is no tommorow, sitting in front of the ever flowing and raging river, finding the calmest moments of life, parvati gifted me everything. In seven months I lived my whole youth perhaps. I have never felt more free than before, and I know however the world turns, good or bad, my life shall be an adventure, a crazy story, a living movie forever from now on...
Either you are crazy enough to come to parvati, or parvati makes you crazy.
The land of thunder dragon has mesmerized me for long and finally now when I am backpacking there this november end. I found five reasons as to why you must join me too.
1. Bhutan uses gross national happiness as their measure of development rather than GDP like most of developed countries. So it means we must learn to value our citizens like this country where happiness of the people actually matter more than money!!
2. The constitution of Bhutan enables the nature to grow. It states that atleast 60 percent of the country must always be under forest cover. So a country that has such healthy and green clean nature is to prospere easily. Smoking is also banned helping to maintain the fresh and clean air. So beware before taking cigerattes or buying them.
3. The amazing monuments in bhutan are sure not be missed by a backpacker. Be it the city palace of thimpu, the capital of bhutan or river side peaceful monastry of punakha. Out of all this amazing places the takseng monastry hanging on a cliff in the hills of Paro is the most renowned and sought after to hike up. So how can we as backpacker miss it??
4. There is a secret national park in the eastern edges of bhutan known as sakteng wildlife sanctuary. It was formed in order to protect the high himalayan controversial and mythical creatures called YETI , the abonimable snowman!! how cool is that !! Moreover bhutan has good diversity of wildlife, its naional animal Takin is only found there. Also the rare black necked cranes from siberia is also a elusive jewel to be found.
5. Bhutan is the last shangri La , it does not want to turn into a busy crowdy tourist place like Nepal hence its visa fees are extremely high for foreing nationals, however citizens from south asian countries are extempt from it making it a elusive lands where most people want to visit but we get a easy entry compared to others.
So what are we waiting lets g
" Travel made me rich and free. Magic and miracles are true , once you wander on the roads to places different and divine. Sharing you all those memories and stories , and wishing you all , that someday you guys travel far and wide too. I am not a great writer , so ignore my grammar and spellings, read it with feelings, and you might just be affected with the wanderlust "