The land of thunder dragon has mesmerized me for long and finally now when I am backpacking there this november end. I found five reasons as to why you must join me too.
1. Bhutan uses gross national happiness as their measure of development rather than GDP like most of developed countries. So it means we must learn to value our citizens like this country where happiness of the people actually matter more than money!!
2. The constitution of Bhutan enables the nature to grow. It states that atleast 60 percent of the country must always be under forest cover. So a country that has such healthy and green clean nature is to prospere easily. Smoking is also banned helping to maintain the fresh and clean air. So beware before taking cigerattes or buying them.
3. The amazing monuments in bhutan are sure not be missed by a backpacker. Be it the city palace of thimpu, the capital of bhutan or river side peaceful monastry of punakha. Out of all this amazing places the takseng monastry hanging on a cliff in the hills of Paro is the most renowned and sought after to hike up. So how can we as backpacker miss it??
4. There is a secret national park in the eastern edges of bhutan known as sakteng wildlife sanctuary. It was formed in order to protect the high himalayan controversial and mythical creatures called YETI , the abonimable snowman!! how cool is that !! Moreover bhutan has good diversity of wildlife, its naional animal Takin is only found there. Also the rare black necked cranes from siberia is also a elusive jewel to be found.
5. Bhutan is the last shangri La , it does not want to turn into a busy crowdy tourist place like Nepal hence its visa fees are extremely high for foreing nationals, however citizens from south asian countries are extempt from it making it a elusive lands where most people want to visit but we get a easy entry compared to others.
So what are we waiting lets g
Note from the Author
" Travel made me rich and free. Magic and miracles are true , once you wander on the roads to places different and divine. Sharing with you all, those memories and stories , and wishing you all , that someday you guys travel far and wide too. I am not a great writer , so ignore my grammar and spellings, read it with feelings, and you might just be affected with the wanderlust to hit the road"